Organisational Design refers to the process of aligning the structure of the organisation with its objectives, with the ultimate aim of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation. Organisational Design work can be triggered by the need to improve service delivery or specific business processes, or as a result of a new mandate. Organisational Design work includes more than designing a structure. It involves:
- Understanding the imperative for change and the environment
- Understanding the business processes, workflows, roles and responsibilities, volumes of work, activity analysis and resources
- Designing and testing new models or structures
- Planning and managing the transition from the old structure to the new
- Implementing and monitoring the change
Organisational Development may be seen as a planned, comprehensive and systematic process aimed at improving the overall effectiveness of the organisation. It involves intervening in the processes, structure and culture of the organisation. There is a strong emphasis on organisational behaviour, human resource development and organisational change. Organisational design can be viewed as an organisational development intervention.
HR at Everest will help you to design and develop your company from old to new and to make change feel like a normal process!