1.1 Finding good Employees for your company
A. Recruitment – We are successful in recruiting new employees into multiple developmental career streams. We attract high-performing candidates who have chosen to be challenged and to develop and grow in their careers. Speed of service and client satisfaction is seen as enablers of our success in delivering business value. People are your greatest and most valuable gear to reach the top! We always find the right match and only the best! We don’t just look at experience and qualifications, but also at the right cultural fit, within all industries, with specialisation in all fields e. g. Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, Quality, Technical, Information Technology, Sales, Logistics, Banking, Schooling, Medical, and many more within South Africa and Globally.
B. Competency based interviewing skills with Colour-coded personality characteristics – We present a brand new methodology for both interviewer and interviewee to identify the best fit for your company and to make it easier for you to be the best employee.
Did you know that each competency can be linked to a different colour?
- Don’t you feel like RED when you experience conflict?
- Don’t you feel like GREEN when you hear something emotional?
- Don’t you feel like YELLOW when you hear of a social gathering and feel like being a part of it?
- Don’t you feel like BLUE with detail and a long story?
HR at Everest will tell you how to use Competencies and Colours to make the right match! We provide Competency-Colour Based Interview training to companies and to individuals and we can help you with your interviews!
C. Screening – Poor selection will lead to the costs of incompetence and lost opportunity. HR at Everest will apply the latest advances within the context of the latest South African legislation, into your company by:
- Developing assessment gear for the selection, placement, classification and promotion of employees
- Developing and evaluating criteria for success
- Validating psychological predictors
- Analysing job content
- Developing and implementing selection programs and models
- Optimising the placement of personnel
- Identifying management potential
- Selecting teams
- Determining fairness in personnel decisions
- Integrating selection with other organisational processes and systems
- Demonstrating the value of selection (utility management)
||D. Psychometrics – Did you know what you pay for new employees to start within your company and to train that person before he/she can start adding value? Not just hundreds, but thousands! What if it was the wrong decision? You lose money and time and have to start the whole Recruitment process again…
A Psychometric test is a standardised procedure for sampling behaviour and describing it with categories or scores. In addition, most tests have norms or standards by which the results can be used to predict other, more important behaviours.
HR at Everest uses Psychometric test results in the following processes:
- Selection/Recruitment process of external candidates
- Placement of internal candidates (Promotional decisions)
- Succession/Workforce planning
- Employee Career Development and formulation of development plans
- Career Counselling
- Career choices (Scholars, Students and Employees)
1.2 Orientate your New Employees
Orientation programs - It has been proven that the duration of an employee’s stay within your company is directly linked to the treatment and direction he/she received in the first week of employment, so is many things in life, it’s all about give and take! Provide your employees with the right boots for them to be able to climb straight to the top!
- Excellent Orientation program = Excellent performance
- ½ Orientation program = Average performance
- Poor Orientation program = Poor performance
HR at Everest will give you the right gear to make sure you have Excellent Orientation programs in order to receive Excellent Performance
We will provide you with the following:
- Orientation Package
- Starting Point
- Orientation Session
- Manager’s guide
- Employee profile directory
- Trainee Specific programs
- Route specific programs
1.3 Develop your Employees
The road from dream to reality to destination…
What stands between a dream and its realisation is simply the dream’s cost. The cost of what we want can be quantified by the amount of work it takes to obtain it, mentally, physically and emotionally. Most of us know someone who is always dreaming of doing this or that, or who often talks about a big idea or a great plan, although none of it ever seems to materialise. At times, even we are involved in this kind of dreaming. The reason for the dream’s failure is that the dreamer has not linked his or her dream with the dream’s ‘destination’. The dream ‘floats in the clouds’, so to speak, and is not connected to its intended result. What connects the dream to its result or its destination is the very real actions we need to take in order to make the dream come true.
HR at Everest would like to lead you onto the road from dream to destination and to make it a reality!
To stay on course you need direction, determination and discipline
- Direction means that you have to plot your route. In other words, you need to have a special ‘map’ for your special dream. You must understand what it will take to get to your destination, what steps you will have to follow, and the things that will be required of you. Many people who love to dream and talk about their big plans pay no attention at all to this important first step.
- Determination means that you must persevere during your journey, and not get off the highway. Getting off the highway will make your road longer, which may encourage you to give up long before you reach your goal. Construction sites, other road users, boredom, the thought of a hot meal…many aspects will tempt you to break or abandon your long journey. But if at the outset you decide that the journey is worth making, you need to persevere! If you want to get to your goal, you must want this goal more than the temporary and instant gratification of a diversion offered at any point along the route.
- Discipline is what allows you to get to your goal. You may be able to start a journey without discipline, but you will never complete it. To do so is impossible. Discipline is not a popular concept, and some people think that it is out-dated and unnecessary. Others accept discipline as a necessary evil, but are unhappy about having to practice it. Yet the road to success becomes much easier to follow when you begin to understand that discipline is the best friend you can have. Discipline is what helps you to accomplish your goal in the most efficient and the fastest way possible (Your Career Your Life; Fast-track to success; Annette Kinnear; 2009)
1.4 Manage the Performance of your Employee
We would like to introduce to you a brand new Performance Management Methodology, it’s fun, it’s simple and it’s bold! It’s called the Compass Method! It tells you at any point and time exactly where you are and how far you are from your destination or you goal.
Employees will get the opportunity to take accountability and ownership of their careers. They will become more productive and efficient in the workplace. We provide them with a scorecard (Compass) and guidelines to measure and manage their own performance indicators, so that they can work much smarter. We will also provide them with guidelines on how to conduct support meetings with managers and teams to solve any unforeseen circumstances and to build on relationships. According to the level of position, all employees will get a 90◦, 180◦, 270◦ or 360◦ view on their performance. If you only have team members and a manager you will have a 90◦ view on your performance, if you don’t have team members but only a manager, you will have an 180◦ view. If you have team members, people reporting into you and a manager, you will have a 270◦ view and if you are the manager and have people reporting into you, you are entitled to a 360◦ view.
1.5 Succession Planning for future Leaders
You need to pass the rope to somebody that can follow in your footsteps! HR at Everest will plan your future leaders and will lead you to see your future leaders in action. HR at Everest nurture the development of the next generation of new executives largely from within your organization through a focus on targeted leadership development training and performance management training. Our recipe includes the following steps:
- Talent Gap review
- Executive Project Plans
- Mentorship Initiative
1.6 Retaining your Employees
We will look at the following tactics:
- Clear job descriptions (Expectations & Clear success factors)
- Motivate employees instead of dictating to them
- Engage employees’ inputs and ideas, not just their physical labour
- No favouritism
- Align responsibility with authority
- Open Communication (Share your vision)
- Remuneration and benefits that truly meet employees needs
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Fair & Consistent Policies & Procedures
- Healthy Environment & Workplace
- Work/Life Balance
1.7 De-board your Employees
Employees need to exit in the same way that they’ve entered. Employees exit either voluntary or involuntary. We provide companies with exit programs as well as an Alumni program to make sure it is a healthy exit, whether voluntary or involuntary. HR at Everest will assist you with the following programs:
- Exit questionnaire
- Exit interview
- Knowledge transfer
- De-boarding gear
- Alumni Program